The Springwell Mandolin is a Celtic mandolin designed in collaboration with Kevin MacLeod, a fantastic traditional folk player from Edinburgh. It is an Archtop flat back mandolin with a Portuguese or Sobell style neck joint. In terms of sound, it has full bright trebles and a solid mid range, a good amount of sustain and a strong bass with great balance across the range. We are both very happy with the result. The name Springwell is the name of Kevin's first album; we thought it fitting to use it for my first mandolin.
Frets to body: 12
Body Length: 285mm
Max Body Width: 300mm
Width at nut: 33mm
Spacing at saddle: 41mm
- Back and sides in either Scottish Sycamore or pre-CITES 2017 Cocobolo.
- Soundboards are the finest Swiss Spruce.
- Neck material is reclaimed Mahogany.
- As with all necks - Carbon Fibre and a two-way truss rod are used for stability.
- Ebony headstock veneers with matching back graft.
- Ebano Rocklite finger board bound with 19 frets.
- Bone nut and saddle which are intonated to any tuning required.
- Standard nut width is 33mm with a 41mm string spacing at the hand carved Ebony bridge.
- Bindings on the front and back in Ebano with a white pin line purfling.
- Taran ’t.’ hand cut logo on the head stock in Sterling Silver or 9CT Gold to match the metal of the fantastically accurate and stable Waverly Tuners in Gold or Chrome with wooden buttons.
- Springwells come with a Hiscox Pro II Case and include delivery in the UK.
Would you like a Springwell built to your exact specifications for the music you play?