I build instruments from the range that are purchasable throughout the year. As with all of my instruments, these are built to the highest standards from the very best materials. For me, it is essential that clients are 100% delighted with an instrument, so I offer a 7 day 'play it' period to all clients buying an instrument on spec.
Madagascan Rosewood Taran
Saved for a Taran
I've been lucky enough to have been able to work with some of the best wood specialists in the country over the years. In 2013, I bought some sets of Madagascan Rosewood. Unbelievably beautiful in their own visual subtlety, but even more incredible for their glasslike tap tone and endless sustain.
- Back & Sides - Madagascan Rosewood.
- Soundboard - German Bearclaw Spruce.
- Rosette - Reclaimed Brazilian Rosewood and Rippled Mahogany.
- Bindings - Reclaimed Rippled Mahogany and Scottish Sycamore purfling.
- Neck - Old reclaimed low density Mahogany.
- Headstock - Madagascan Rosewood grafts with black veneers under sheaths.
- Handmade Tuners in Gold and Blued steel by none other than Keith Robson.
- Hand Carved Solid Ebony Bridge with Ebony Pins.
- t. Hand cut from solid Sterling Silver.
Frets to body: 14
Body Length: 480mm
Max Body Width: 382mm
Scale length: 645mm
Width at nut: 45mm
Spacing at saddle: 59mm
This unique guitar is available now for £6110. This includes a Hiscox Artist Case and delivery within the UK. I can deliver anywhere in the EU for the additional cost of postage.
Instruments that have gone
Sold March 2018 - Cocobolo & Cedar Springwell
Sold March 2018 - Mahogany and Old European Spruce Tirga Mhor
Built through continuing development with Martin Simpson and sold to Malcolm Middleton, half of Arab Strap....