The Tirga Beag is larger than OM in width and depth but not in length, making it feel very compact and comfortable for its size. The Tirga Beag is designed with volume and headroom in mind enabling it to be heard in noisy sessions, but with a full rich tone perfect for smaller audiences and solo playing. It is perfect for flat picking and accompaniment with good separation between strong clear bass and thick trebles.
Tirga Beag, pronounced ‘Chigora Beg’ is the little sister of Harris’s second highest peak. She faces north east looking out over the forgotten ridges of North Harris and on to the plains of Lewis.
Scale: 645mm (25.4”)
Frets to body: 14
Body Length: 495mm
Max Body Width: 402mm
Width at nut: 45mm
Spacing at saddle: 59mm
- Back and sides in either reclaimed Mahogany, pre-CITES 2017 Indian Rosewood, Walnut or Chestnut.
- Soundboards are the finest European Spruce.
- Neck material is reclaimed Mahogany.
- As with all necks - Carbon Fibre and a two-way truss rod are used for stability.
- A choice of headstock veneers with matching back graft.
- Ebano Rocklite finger board bound with 19 frets.
- Bone nut and saddle which are intonated to any tuning required.
- Standard nut width is 45mm with a 59mm string spacing at the bridge.
- Tuners can be either Gotoh 510s or Keith Robson hand made tuners.
- The Tirga Beag comes with a Hiscox Pro II Case and includes delivery in the UK.
Would you like a Tirga Beag built to your exact specifications for the music you play?