The Oreval is based on the acclaimed Tirga Beag Mk II shape and has a classic Taran style. Stripped back detailing gives it an austere, clean and striking look. Its own unique bracing pattern and greater depth give the Oreval a big voice, perfect for noisy sessions. At home, solo, the Oreval offers a large dynamic range. Best enjoyed with something at room temperature…or chilled!
Oreval is one of the furthest west hills in Harris. Once, seated on the west side of Oreval in late October, we witnessed the most exquisite setting of the sun between the sheer cliffs of Stac an Armin and Hirta, St Kilda.
Scale: 645mm (25.4”)
Frets to body: 14
Body Length: 495mm
Max Body Width: 415mm
Width at nut: 44mm
Spacing at saddle: 57mm
- Back and sides in either pre-CITES 2017 Indian Rosewood, reclaimed Mahogany or Wenge.
- Soundboards are the finest European Spruce.
- Neck material is reclaimed Mahogany.
- As with all necks - Carbon Fibre and a two-way truss rod are used for stability.
- A choice of headstock veneers with matching back graft.
- Ebano Rocklite finger board bound with 19 frets.
- Bone nut and saddle which are intonated to any tuning required.
- Standard nut width is 44mm with a 57mm string spacing at the bridge.
- Tuners can be either Gotoh 510s or Keith Robson hand made tuners.
- The Oreval comes with a Hiscox Pro II Case and includes delivery in the UK
Would you like an Oreval built to your exact specifications for the music you play?