John's Tirga Beag
A more hands on Tirga Beag
"Observing the whole process of building the guitar from start to finish was a real privilege. The range of skills required and the attention to detail was amazing. Helping out with one or two of the simple jobs was a bonus…..but the really unique part for me was the planning. I got to play some of Rory’s guitars and look at pictures of his back catalogue. Rory got to know my style of playing, the sort of sound and the aesthetics I was looking for. He put all this together and the end result is superb: international tone woods with some local burr wood detail - beautiful tone and plays really well."
- Dr John Marston
- Back & Sides - Beautiful 4 piece Belizean Rosewood.
- Sound board - Master grade Adirondack.
- Neck - Old medium dense reclaimed Mahogany.
- Ebano fret board.
- Ebano Bindings with Scottish Sycamore purfling made inhouse .
- Crail Elm for the rosette and Bevel.
- Bevel with hot sand fade.
- Gotoh 510 tuner in silver with black buttons.
- Ebony hand carved bridge with ebony pins.
- Headstock faces in book matched Madagascan Rosewood and black veneer below.
- Sterling Silver hand cut t.